Android Developer (m/f)
tado° is the European market leader in developing and selling smart products and services to control your climate at home. We are internationally recognised for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant design and for being truly open with major smart home platforms. Over 150 employees contribute every day to the success of our company, share their ideas and are part of a dynamic and highly professional value chain. We want to make a difference, challenge our business every day and find new colleagues who are just as passionate about our products as we are!
Our developer team is looking for an additional Android developer to push our beautiful app to the next level. As Android developer at tado°, you will work closely with iOS and Windows developers as part of the Mobile Team but you will also closely work with our server developers - negotiating the next API or data model. You will be involved in UI development with our outstanding designers and UX experts and be their contact for all matters related to native UI elements.
Moreover, at tado° you will get the chance to explore new technologies: We are always looking for new possibilities to enhance the tado° intelligence with more of the sensors or functions that are already built into smartphones. We are looking forward to your ideas.
You should have an excellent command of the technologies you work with. Moreover, you should strive for visual and technical perfection. An independent and self-motivated way of working collaboratively at our lab is an integral part of our culture.
- At least 2 years experience with application development for Android (Java or Kotlin)
- Experience with the Android geolocation APIs
- Experience with Git and the collaborative GitHub workflow is an advantage but not required
- Passion for new technologies
- Willingness and interest to learn about the possibilities of application development on other mobile platforms, such as iOS and Windows
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and passion for building the internet of things
- German language is helpful but not required, the team language is English
- Be part of a fast-growing business within a future-oriented and cutting-edge industry
- Experience an agile, innovative and open-minded working atmosphere with great colleagues
- Benefit from a steep learning curve on a personal and technical level and develop your capabilities every day
- Actively contribute to the success of tado° and help us to reduce the environmental footprint of energy usage worldwide